The debate over what is better between work experience and education has been around for quite a long time. There is no clear answer or definite thing in order to identify that which would be appropriate and accompany in all kinds of situations. There are many real world examples which have become successful without any specific degree or course and simultaneously there are also some personalities who are the talented minds in their respective fields.
When a student wants to get enrolled himself for university placements, he needs to obtain an education. So, education as well as experience both is important for achieving success in life. As in the present scenario, the cost of higher education has increased which has resulted into decrease in number of candidates in colleges and they are moving to workplace experience but they often considered lack experienced for this.
Here are some positive key points deciding the importance of qualification or real work experience:
Advantages of Qualification:
- Many college going students believe that the education develops them intellectually, socially, personally as well as it provides them many more other benefits because the degree is not the single criteria for getting a job or career, it develops the mental level of students.
- Sometimes we noticed that many companies offer job advertisements in which they specifically demands for a particular degree to get that job. So it is important to get a degree as it decides the market for that job role.
- In the present situation, there is greater job market in comparison to a decade ago which mainly focus on providing more intellectual knowledge than manual skilled roles. It defines the importance of education in an individual’s life.
- A degree which also provides job experience with the education is good if you want to get the depth learning with some experience also. There will be a great combination of theory as well as practical with a view to good understanding of application of knowledge.
Advantages of Experience:
- Having experience of years with some relevant industry qualification during this time will be a great idea and valuable resource. A student who has just completed his graduation from university and barely aware about office environment does not have that kind of experience. Experience matters a lot when you want to work in a reputed company.
- It is the much known thing that a person who is holding a specific degree in specific course will be preferred in any company but with the increasing number in these kinds of candidates, employers have become less impressed on this part and moved towards experience.
- Although theory is great but with practical experience, you will get the good understanding of the company’s mechanics.