All teachers should learn that how to teach students with behavioral problems as there are many students in the average classrooms who demands for more attention because of their behavioral difficulties. Teachers who can draw on a range of responses when dealing with these common classroom misbehavior are more likely to keep those students in the classrooms. It will result in fewer disruptions to instructions, enhanced teacher authority and better learning outcomes for struggling students.
A great way for teachers in order to overcome these difficulties is that there should be a classroom menu which outlines a range of responses options for behavior management and disciplines. By applying such kinds of behavior management menu consistently and flexibly, teachers will be able to deliver the positive classroom control.
Prior to Occurrences: In order to teach in an environment like this, one of the best strategies is to learn methods which are helpful in preventing these kinds of occurrences of behavioral issues.
Here are some methods which will be helpful in dealing with these situations:
- Increase the Amount of Supervision: Generally most of the behavioral issues occur when students work in group sessions or it may be at specific times of the day. When these misbehaviors are likely to occur, teachers should add the additional supervision which can be helpful step in preventing problems.
- Manageable Tasks: The teachers should ensure that all the tasks which have been assigned by them to students provide small bits of information at one time as by dividing a project in chunks, you will less likely to overwhelm students.
- Give Choices: Teachers should provide choices to the students instead of making classroom routine stricter. Students should be given an opportunity to choose their desired projects rather than giving them a specific project.
Handling In-The-Moment Concern: When these issues begin to occur, it is essential for teachers to give a reaction right away.
Here are some strategies:
- Apologies: This is the very helpful instrument in order to repair the conflict between two individuals. Teachers should ensure that apologies are must encouraged by all responsible students.
- Ignorance: In most cases, it is better to ignore these kinds of misbehavior which indicate that teachers do not react or reinforce or reward to it.
- Reducing Privilege Access: The teacher should set in place a rule system for taking those students away from the classrooms after defining the privileges that students have such as: students who are having free time or talking with each other are removed when rules are broken.